If you are getting ready to sell your home you may be feeling a little overwhelmed. Moving house can be a complex process, but it can also be an exciting one.
Before you put your home on the market it’s worth considering if there are any quick and easy cosmetic repairs or renovations you can undertake to add value without costing an arm and a leg.
We’ve put together a quick checklist below to help you prepare your home to sell quickly and for the best possible price.
- Painting – adding a fresh coat of paint can do wonders. We advise keeping your colours neutral for a broad appeal. Things like bright feature walls may detract from the home overall and can make it harder for prospective buyers to imagine their own furniture in the space.
- Carpets – take a walk through your home and assess the condition of your carpet. If it’s worn in some areas you may be able to get away with replacing a section, however, if your carpet is looking a little tired overall replacing the carpet throughout may be a cost-effective way to give you a little boost.
- General maintenance: updating light fittings, doorknobs and taps are all relatively cost affordable (depending on your taste!) ways of adding a minor facelift to your home. These small fittings and fixtures frame a room and can give you the opportunity to add a little extra style
- Landscaping: your garden, particularly the front garden helps to make a first impression. Having a neat, manageable garden with some key features or focal points – a tree, particular plant, fresh flowers provide a warm welcome to potential buyers. Start by cleaning up your existing garden and make sure everything is well hydrated – green grass is very appealing. If you do want to add a few extra plants here and there why not head down to your local Bunnings and get some assistance from their friendly staff.
- Decluttering: moving house is a great time to declutter and assess what items you really need. Look at each room and make sure you have a clean and tidy space that enables your house to shine but don’t overdo it! You don’t want to strip your home of all personality.
If you’ve gone through these steps and you are interested in selling your home please feel free to get in touch for a no-obligation discussion.
0423 242 842